Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Successful Book Writing seminar

On March 19, 2008, we sponsored a Christian Book Writing seminar. It was a huge success and everyone had a blast. We spent an hour and a half discussing the ins and outs of book writing and the various genres that give writers a greater chance for success. Read some of our comments.

"Living Waters was a lost jewel that I'm elated to have found. I've had hundreds of ideas for books, but could never get them down on paper. The most useful part of the seminar was in going over the various outline styles when organizing ideas on paper... In three days, I've done outlines for five books. I've written two chapters of one book. It seems so simple now, but I guess I needed someone to help me start. Thanks, guys!" Stephanie Phillips

"I could never have imagined finishing the first draft of a children's book in two days, but I did it, thanks in no small part to Lacresha. I'm amazed at how much easier writing is when it's done in an organized way. I think the most important part of the whole seminar was the learn your writing style quiz. It was priceless! The seminar was priceless! I'll be attending again." Olivia Nelson

"The seminar was organized and professional. The food was good. The quizzes and games were better. Great job and a value for my money." David Wilks

"I enjoyed the partnering during the end of the seminar. I had the opportunity to share my ideas and glean from the ideas of others. I think what made the seminar worth the drive for me was that the group was small enough so that each person got attention to their project, but it was large enough so that a nice diversity of ideas were presented. I would most definitely recommend the seminars and will gladly come to any others the company sponsors." Greg Patterson

"To be honest, I only came because it was an opportunity to submit my manuscript to a Christian publisher. However, once I was there, I found several of the techniques discussed could be useful to the particular style of writing I possess. I thought it'd be a waste of time, but I was very wrong! Writing a book does not have to take months or years when you know your subject matter and organize your material. The best part of the seminar was the quiz. I learned a lot from it and have posted it above my workspace so that I don't get sidetracked ever again. Job well done!" T.R. Matthews


The seminar was full of learning tools. We'll sponsor many others over the coming weeks. If you are interested in learning about writing and publishing, please contact Jessica Davis at info@livingwaterspc.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see my input, but I enjoyed the seminar. I'm trying to use more of the time management techniques. I'd highly recommend these seminars to anyone.

Karen Lyons